- 1 small butternut squash , deseeded and cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion , thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove , chopped
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1 tsp ras-el-hanout or Middle Eastern spice mix
- 200g quinoa
- 5 prunes , roughly chopped
- juice 1 lemon
- 600ml vegetable stock
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- small handful mint leaves
Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the squash on a baking tray and toss with 1 tbsp of the oil. Season well and roast for 30-35 mins or until soft.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a big saucepan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger, season and cook for 10 mins. Add the spice and quinoa, and cook for another couple of mins. Add the prunes, lemon juice and stock, bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 25 mins.
When everything is tender, stir the squash through the stew. Spoon into bowls and scatter with pomegranate seeds and mint to serve.